Below are the Rules (to download click here):
• The competition is open to everyone - any age, runners and non-runners alike.
• There are two categories - kids (under 16) and grown-ups (16 or older).
• Any type of shortbread is allowed, though the traditional sugar, butter and flour variety is hard to beat!
• Entry forms are available from the Running Goat Store (74 Foster Street, Perth) and at
• Entrants must provide a disposable and covered or wrapped plate of shortbread for judging, enough for three judges to sample.
• The entry form and baking must be brought to the shortbread contest tent in Stewart Park (near the bridge) on Saturday June 21st, 2014, between 11 am and 1 pm.
• Judging will begin at 2 pm and the winners will be announced at 4 pm from the Stewart Park bandstand.
• The judging criteria are: appearance (30 pts), flavour (50 pts), texture (10 pts), and “Scots appeal” (10 pts).
• Providing extra cookies for the runners will make you especially popular!
• Among the judges will be last year's first place winner - so the 2014 first place spot is yours to claim.
Kids: 1st $25, 2nd $20, 3rd $15, in addition to baking kits for each winner
Grown-ups: 1st $100 and a presentation plaque, 2nd $50, 3rd $25