June 22, 2013 ... the 4th edition of Perth's WORLD RECORD KILT RUN!
Before I go further, here is the link directly to registration:
(note: our race web page www.perthkiltrun.ca is currently down for maintenance...hopefully we will have it up soon. Meanwhile, I, Lord Darnley himself; will make a stab at the blog thing. All for now... Darnley. ps - I still need to update some of the tabs)
Here is a little bit to introduce the race this year.
* This is not a Guinness World Record attempt year (nobody has beat us yet!) ... so race day process will be much simpler than 2012
* Race day "non-race FUN events" will be in Stewart Park this year - better shade! (free live music)
* Back again -World Most Age Categories! Our Age-Categories are 1 year wide ... (over 130 age group winners in 2012!)
* Age group winners will now be decided by Chip Time
* Haggis Toss returns - will you break the world record throw? (open to all)
* New "Wee Lad and Lassie" run
* Cheering station competition
* National coverage by CBC TV (TBC)
* and more!
Note Key Registration Dates:
|Event||Fee Type||Cost||Date Effective||Maximum Persons|
|Main 8K Race||Early Bird||$25||Jan 1 until .... Robbie Burns Day!||1896|
|Main 8K Race||Regular||$40||Robbie Burns Day until St Pats Day (Mar 17)||1896|
|Main 8K Race||Late||$60||March 17 until May 25||1896|
|Warrier Class||Regular||$50||Jan 1 until Feb 28||50|
|Warrier Class||Late||$70||March 17 until May 25||50 (incl. Reg)|
|Lad & Lassie Race||Regular||$5||Jan 1 until May 25||50|
|Wee Lad & Lassie||Regular||$5||Jan 1 until May 25||50|